Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I can’t add any Products : Syntax error or access violaton? Can anybody help? 

Undeniable Design

Total Posts:  5

When I try to add a new product I get this error:

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘’ at line 1

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what could be causing this? It’s the first time I’ve tried to add a product and I have designed a whole custom theme, working around the sample data so I’d rather not have to reinstall everything…

Can anybody shed some light?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NCMW

Total Posts:  23

Im having similar issues on a fresh install of 1.1.8 with sample data.  Tried to do just about everything I could to figure this one out.  My only guess is the MySQL version but Im running:  MySQL client version: 5.0.32.  So Im unsure.

Everything else seems ok, just cant add any new products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

artjunky

Total Posts:  3

I had the same problem.  It seems there was an error in the database installation.  I re-installed with a new database and everything works fine now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Undeniable Design

I have already coded a whole custom theme and had paid for a coder to make an image upload module for me. It was coded for 1.1.6, so I’ve been avoiding upgrading for fear of breaking it.  I did have the FPS installed on the 1.1.6 install, but then decided not to use it because the rotating image was so tiny. I deleted the reference and the block but didn’t restore the changes made to the files. Perhaps that was what was causing my problem?

Regardless I decided to give 1.1.8 a go. Well my theme looks fine but half the blocks were coming up blank (I had rearranged a lot of stuff, ie. mini-login in header, top nav links in left column, etc.). And my custom coded module didn’t work at all.

Due to time restrictions for the project I’m working on, I’ve fallen back on OSCommerce for now but will definitely be back to tackle Magento again soon.

In the meantime I’d be happy to hand over the custom image upload module to the community to see if you all can have a look and see if it can be updated for 1.1.8? Would this be helpful to anyone?
Basically it’s a module that allows to customer to be able to upload image files to accompany each product ordered. The images are then entered into the database and linked to that specific order. They are sent in the email to the store owner along with the order. If the email somehow gets lost the store owner can login to the admin and go to the order and there are links to the images for that order. It’s a pretty good module and it would be great to see it refined and put to good use!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Undeniable Design

Haha, I’m back. It finally dawned on me what could be causing the problem… simple folder permissions!!!  how silly of me not to check that in the first place… I fixed the directory permissions and can now add products just fine!

Can somebody let me know how I can share the module I mentioned in my previous post?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community