Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

WHOOPS, OUR BAD… after 1.6 upgrade

lperry65

Total Posts:  3

Hi, I’m getting “The page you requested was not found, and we have a fine guess why” message when clicking on a short description of a product after upgrading from 1.5.1 to 1.6 stable. I deleted all the products and cleared the cash etc. I then added the products and re-indexed from the admin and tried again using ssh but I’m still unable to view the main product page. the URL is www. click4barcodes.co.uk, I can access the admin and I can see all of the products under catalogue/Manage Products.

Thanks in advance for your help. cool smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

Can you try

truncate core_url_rewrite;

on your test server, then re-index your site

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

Also try to turn on “Display out of stock products” System>Configuration>Catalog>Inventory>Stock Options: Display out of Stock Products to “Yes”

Magento Community
Magento Community

lperry65

Total Posts:  3

Brent W Peterson - 13 September 2011 04:50 AM

Can you try

truncate core_url_rewrite;

on your test server, then re-index your site

I get this message: ‘truncate: you must specify one of `--size’ or `--reference’

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

Sorry, you must do it in MySQL or in PHPMyAdmin

Magento Community
Magento Community

w3sols

Total Posts:  7

Friends,

Always Backup your store files and database before starting upgarde.

I just upgraded my magento to 1.6. Following are the issues i faced while upgrading:

1) First of all i tried to upgarde magento using magento connect manager, but id didn\’t work as for most of modules were skipped by connect manager with message no upgrade available or dependency errors.

2) After that i try to upgrade it by downloading complete 1.6 package from magentocommerce.com and upload all the files to my magento (website) directory through FTP client.

3) After all files were uplaoded, i run my website again from browser, but it did not work and i got some server timeout errors, so i fixed timeout errors by editing by nginx conf file.

4) After inreasing timeout in server conf file, i restarted the upgarde by again accessing my website url from browser.

5) This time, i get some mysql errors after approx. 1 hour and upgrade did n\’t work.

6) So, i dropped my magento database and restored it back from my dump which was taken before starting upgrade .

7) After restoring my shop data, i again started upgarde by accessing my website from browser, this time it took a long time (approx. 10 hours), for approx. 8 hours page kept on loading, so i did not stop/close my browser window assuming that my upgarde is going on.

8) After approx . 8 hours, upgrade was still not completes, but i tried to open my website in another browser and it worked, my store was sucessfully upgarded to 1.6.

9) I tested whole site after this, and everything is working fine. Hurray.

Hope this will help someone struggling with upgarde.

W3sols Team (w3sols.com)
We customize magento community edition

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community