Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Import csv update value with a blank value

ninjured

Total Posts:  24

Hello,

ive got my import working fine with no issues however i want to update an existing value with a blank value

eg
short_description = “sample text”
special_price = “5.95”

i want to make these both blank values but using something like below however the values dont update. they do update if i put any other text in them so i know my import is working. if i update special_price 0.00 it sells the item for free. i just want to take away the special.

sku,short_description,special_price
sku-029,"","”

any help would be great

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

VanGilsWeb

Total Posts:  97

I wondered if you already found a solution for this problem. We have the same problem here.

We have a text filed attribute with a specific value and we want to clear this value with an import. But just leaving the field blank in the import file isn’t working. The old value still exists.

Also tried to use the replace function instead of append. But isn’t working either.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hi there,

If you need to set prices and smart prices to zero or blank in bulk, I can offer you faster and easier way than import.
There is Multi-Editor tool built-in Store Manager for Magento application, using which you can select products and by deleting values for price or setting 0 in fields for price in a couple of seconds edit products massively.

You can use free 2-weeks version of tha application to perform it. You can download it here -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

Also I would recommend you to take products out of specials, not to be shown there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

de_veloper

Total Posts:  0

Hi,

The easiest way I have found to replace existing values with blank values using is using the Magento > Sytem > Import/Export > Dataflow - Profiles and use this to upload blank fields.

I have used this to remove the annoying multi-select value when I don’t want it selected and it works brilliantly.

Don’t use the basic System > Import function as this may be quick but I find it is very unreliable and you get unexpected results.

I hope this helps smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

VanGilsWeb

de_veloper - 05 February 2013 09:13 AM

Hi,

The easiest way I have found to replace existing values with blank values using is using the Magento > Sytem > Import/Export > Dataflow - Profiles and use this to upload blank fields.

I have used this to remove the annoying multi-select value when I don’t want it selected and it works brilliantly.

Don’t use the basic System > Import function as this may be quick but I find it is very unreliable and you get unexpected results.

I hope this helps smile

Thank you for your post. I will try this within a few days. I wil let you know if this also works for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

VanGilsWeb

VanGilsWeb - 05 February 2013 11:34 PM

de_veloper - 05 February 2013 09:13 AM
Hi,

I hope this helps smile

Thank you for your post. I will try this within a few days. I wil let you know if this also works for me.

Works like a charm!!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community