Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Debugging AJAX calls using XDebug

martinkaiser

Total Posts:  7

Hi!

I need to debug the AJAX calls using XDebug (like OnOrderValidate in Payment Modules).
To enable XDebug I need to add ?X_DEBUG_START_SESSION=default or similar to the URL.

Does anyone know a central location to add this parameter to the AJAX URLs?
Or another idea how to debug these AJAX calls?

Thanks, Best Rgds,
Martin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mark_Kimsal

Total Posts:  186
Michigan, USA

Do you need to debug the PHP activity that is caused by the AJAX, or just the traffic of the AJAX?

If it’s just the traffic, you can try wireshark.  It will show you all the packets that move around on your network, and then you right click one that looks like HTTP and choose “follow tcp stream” and it shows the whole conversation.

If you need to debug the activity of the PHP, you can load up your page, edit your php ini file to turn on xdebug (make debugging on by default), restart the web server, then trigger the ajax call.  It’s a bit of extra work, but I don’t how much or how often you need to debug.

Magento Community
Magento Community

martinkaiser

Total Posts:  7

Thanks. I need to debug PHP caused by AJAX calls.

Here is the Xdebug part of my php.ini:

[XDebug]
zend_extension_ts="C:\xampp\php\ext\php_xdebug.dll"
xdebug.remote_enable=true
xdebug.remote_host=127.0.0.1
xdebug.remote_port=9000
xdebug.remote_handler=dbgp
xdebug.remote_mode=req

But debugging only works if I set the XDEBUG cookie using the firefox addon. Unfortunately breakpoints in the payment modules are not working.

Thanks, Best Regards,
Martin

Magento Community
Magento Community

digital magento

Total Posts:  14

same problem, how to debug AJAX calls ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

subesh

Total Posts:  145

You can use Firebug..or see here.. http://subesh.com.np/2010/01/debugging-magento-eclipse-pdt-zend-debugger/

Magento Community
Magento Community

harikaram

Total Posts:  54

Any updates on this?  I can’t get Netbeans to break into debugging for PHP files called via AJAX.  XDC seems to work but Netbeans would be much preferred for obvious reasons…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community