Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can i remove news latter from left side

Nikunj Joshi

Total Posts:  59
SR. PHP Developer

Hi Friends..

I want to remove the news latter box from the magento on home page and all inner pages.

can any one help me to remove this?

Thanks

Nikunj

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Total Posts:  261
Long Beach, CA

Open the newsletter.xml file located in app/design/frontend/default/themename/layout then comment out or remove this part:

<reference name="left">
 <
block type="newsletter/subscribe" name="right.newsletter" template="newsletter/subscribe.phtml"/>
</
reference>

Magento Community
Magento Community

Locker Rushing

Total Posts:  19

Hey Vutha,

I was having the same issue. What I still don’t understand is where the newsletter block is being set. I have created an empty skeleton template and in page.xml I’ve stripped everything out. I’m only declaring:

<block type="core/text_list" name="left" as="left"/>

I never declare the newsletter block anywhere but it still pops up if there is a left block declared.

Can you help me wrap my head around how modules, blocks and layouts work with each other?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Locker Rushing

Total Posts:  19

Hey Vutha,

I was having the same issue. What I still don’t understand is where the newsletter block is being set. I have created an empty skeleton template and in page.xml I’ve stripped everything out. I’m only declaring:

<block type="core/text_list" name="left" as="left"/>

I never declare the newsletter block anywhere but it still pops up if there is a left block declared.

Can you help me wrap my head around how modules, blocks and layouts work with each other?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community