Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problem Installing v0.6

Alarmclock

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

so after trying to install v0.7 and coming to the the same dead end conclusion that Brady has detailed so acutely I decided to try v0.6. Now I am experiencing a different error and I’m just wondering where I’m going wrong.

I downloaded and installed Magento 0.6.14100 Light and CHMOD adjusted the appropriate files/folders. Now when I navigate to http://www.mydomain.com/magento I receive this error.

The requested URL /mydomain.com/w0704/d20/s08/b0290841/www/mydomain.com/magento/index.php was not found on this server.

So I adjusted the .htaccess file to Rewrite base to /www/mydomain.com/magento/

Like so…

AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php

<IfModule mod_php5.c>

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
    php_flag short_open_tag on
</IfModule>

DirectoryIndex index.php

RewriteEngine on

#RewriteBase /www/mydomain.com/magento/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/media/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/skin/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/js/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond 
%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond 
%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l

RewriteRule 
.* index.php

Same thing! I get a 404 error The requested URL /mydomain.com/w0704/d20/s08/b0290841/www/mydomain.com/magento/index.php was not found on this server.

Here’s where I think I might be going wrong. I have a shared server with multiple domains attached, “mydomain.com” is an added domain (not the registered account home domain). I have tried to install Magento under the original host domain name which results in the same error.

I’m sure this is a simple .htaccess problem, but I’m not sure where to start solving it.

Thanks Magento Community!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iblastoff

Total Posts:  252

definitely bad idea to revert to an older version. and uh you still have your rewritebase commented out?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alarmclock

Dammit. I noticed that as soon as I came back to look at your reply. Thanks. However I am getting a new error now. “The page is not redirecting properly” - I’ll keep searching for this solution, I think I came across one on another thread.

I realize it’s a bad idea to revert to a previous version, but until a version of Magento is developed that I can run on my server I’m kind of stuck with v0.6. Any idea when v0.8 will arrive?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alarmclock

Now when trying to access ttp://www.domain.com/catalogue/ I am actually redirected to ttp://www.domain.com/catalogue/install/ however I receive a redirect error.

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

My .htaccess file looks like this…

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php 
#AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php

<IfModule mod_php5.c>

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
    php_flag short_open_tag on
</IfModule>

DirectoryIndex index.php

RewriteEngine on

RewriteBase 
/catalogue/
#RewriteRule !\.(js|ico|txt|gif|jpg|png|css)$ index.php