Magento Forum

Connect manager installing to wrong directory. Help please. 

Undeniable Design

Total Posts:  5

I am trying to install the “Featured Products Slideshow” extension. I copy the extension Key and paste it into the Magento connect downloader. I click install and in the console I get:

downloading AW_FPS-0.9.1.tgz ...
Starting to download AW_FPS-0.9.1.tgz (6,085 bytes)
. . ...done: 6,085 bytes
install ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/community/AW_FPS-0.9.1

So it seems everything went as planned. Unfortuately I have made a custom theme and all the files for the custom theme are in app/design/mytheme/mytheme/ and the connect manager is installing all the files to the default theme folder. I was of the understanding that if magento looked for a file and didn’t find it in the custom theme folder it would fall back on the files in the default folder. It doesn’t seem to be doing this though. I can move the files but without knowing what other files were installed for this extension I would be searching through the whole magento install to make sure I have everything in the right place.

If I try to add the block into my site it lists a whole string of errors, saying it can’t find the files for that block.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Shaaps

Total Posts:  11

Same problem, any help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

iposters

Total Posts:  6

yup, same problem here. Cant find a solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

klistrian

Total Posts:  42

Same here. How do you tell Magento which theme to install to as it obviously doesn’t go to the default folder when it can’t find stuff? Tired of manually moving files and not knowing what I possibly have missed.

Is there a bug on it not falling back on the default folder?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community