Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

My new shoe site / close to being complete

levis24

Total Posts:  24

I will be launching a shoe store soon in the next week or two and here it is so far: http://www.schulace.com
Just looking to get some feedback or any changes that could be made to help improve the website.
all comments will be taken into consideration.

Thanks for your replies

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cYbErMo

Total Posts:  1

nice design

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

Lose the blinking text! It’s awful!

The category pages look a little tight since the pictures go right to the edge of their box. And you have rows of 4, but the number choices per page are multiples of 3 still.

I randomly chose a category of Men’s Adidas and since you have put the normal right column stuff in the left column, there is no layered navigation to use to drill down into the category.  But when I chose Women’s Ugg, it had the navigation there on the left (but only size and price showed up).

I don’t like the way you rearranged the shopping cart page because the numbers that are added up for the total (the most important thing for the customer) are no longer in a column. The coupon code and the shipping estimate intervene between the top and bottom, and the Remove column offsets the Subtotal so it doesn’t line up with the Grand Total.

The brands shown in the Advanced Search are for computers, not shoes. And it’s a bit confusing to have Size and SHOESIZE.

When I clicked on the search term “clogs” on the Search Term page, it took me to the magento demo store even though the link showed your URL.

Magento Community
Magento Community

arbie

Total Posts:  20

I have to agree about the blinking text - but maybe I am not your target market!

Magento Community
Magento Community

markf

Total Posts:  145

Agreed, that blinking text is really annoying.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cooca

Total Posts:  37

I like it, but again the blinking needs to go in my opinion.
Also as mentioned above maybe some padding is needed on your images, they touch the borders of each area which looks a little squashed in.

Overall nice looking site though. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kevin Von

Total Posts:  31

I can access it now.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community