Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Modifying the backend top menu

MageParts
Guru

Total Posts:  415

Hi all!

I’ve run into a little bit of a problem. I need to move, or remove, the promotion rule links from their default position in the top menu of the administration backend. You could do this by modifying the core files, but I would like to avoid this. Another way would be to just hide them through css, but the links don’t have any classes or ids. So, anyone got a clue if and how this could be done?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Culotta
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  878
Argentina

I didn’t try it, but the adminhtml has his own design into /app/design/adminhtml/.
Maybe you can start there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageParts
Guru

Total Posts:  415

Hi Damián!
Thanks for your reply mate, though I settled at modifying the core files. Seems to be the only way atm so that will have to do smile.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Culotta
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  878
Argentina

Maybe you casn search were that package/theme are defined and change that values (instead mody the original theme).
I think that in a future Magento gonna allow Us to change the backend design as the frotend.
At this time, the only way that I know is changing that files that I told you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community