Magento Forum

Download & Install Extensions

nplanet

Total Posts:  31

I am going through core and community extensions. But don’t know how to download them and install them in Magento on our local server.

How can I do this?

Please guide me here.

Regards,

ycv

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

You can install them in your admin panel under Magento Connect.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chocopink

Total Posts:  20

Hi, I’ve been trying to do this all day!!!  I am very new to magento, e-commerce, and have definately received the overachiever of the year award.  However, I have manged to do a great job teaching myself everything i have needed to get my website up and running.  The only thing left is to figure out this e-commerce thing. 

I have used the Magento Connect and have copied the key like i’m supposed to.  I tried to download two extentions - the modern and the blank- with no success.  How long are they supposed to take to download?  Both downloads ran for about 2 hrs. they both looked like they were finished (i let it run about a half hour for each), when I tried to go back to the admin panel i received a message saying somthing about pear still running and navigating away from the page with cause the install to stop.  does it typically take that long to download an extention?

also, i tried to go into the system-> configuration-> design to see if maybe it did download by change, but I dont see where i can choose the extention.  should i just type the name of the extention, i.e. Blank Interface or Interface_Frontend_Blank?

I just downloaded the 1.1.8 version on Friday and am progressing.... very slowly, but definately surely.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Lansing, MI

You can manually download them at:

Modern Theme

Blank Theme

Both are zip files that you can manually upload using ftp software (i.e. filezilla)

Magento Community
Magento Community

nplanet

iiNTENSE - 07 December 2008 03:37 PM

You can install them in your admin panel under Magento Connect.

This just advertise yourself and your company but does not answer my question.

How can I download and install extensions in Magento running on our local host?

TIA

Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Lansing, MI

I’m not sure what you are talking about, but I just provided you the links for you to manually install them yourself.

Anyways....I was assisting chocopink with their issue, so no need for the negative hostility.

You can upload the Magent Connect files via your admin panel > System > Magento Connect

Magento Community
Magento Community

nplanet

iiNTENSE - 07 December 2008 08:41 PM

I’m not sure what you are talking about, but I just provided you the links for you to manually install them yourself.

Anyways....I was assisting chocopink with their issue, so no need for the negative hostility.

You can upload the Magent Connect files via your admin panel > System > Magento Connect

Thanks a lot for this info. Now I am able to start installing various Extensions for testing purpose.

I feel the interface is very awkward for installing extensions.

Anyways, I am not able to find PayPal’s extension. It seems Magento does not support PayPal as I am not able to find a PayPal module/extension.

Any help please?

TIA

Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Lansing, MI

Magento supports a large number of payment processors in which you can view here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/features

To edit your payment options, go to: admin > System > Configuration > Paypal Accounts / Payment Methods

Magento Community
Magento Community

nplanet

iiNTENSE - 07 December 2008 08:58 PM

Magento supports a large number of payment processors in which you can view here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/features

To edit your payment options, go to: admin > System > Configuration > Paypal Accounts / Payment Methods

Thanks for the info. I have found this already on my own.

But the problem now is that when a user goes to checkout nothing is enabled. All the 5 parts are disabled totally.

What must be the problem?

TIA

ycv

Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Lansing, MI

The one-page checkout is disabled or the payment options are disabled?

Magento Community
Magento Community

nplanet

iiNTENSE - 11 December 2008 03:28 AM

The one-page checkout is disabled or the payment options are disabled?

One Page Checkout is enabled.

TIA

ycv

Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Lansing, MI

hmm…

What modules do you have running at the moment?  It seems that something may either being corrupting or has corrupted your JavaScript.

Do you have the terms&conditions;module installed by chance.  This module has been known to cause the issue at times.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nplanet

iiNTENSE - 17 December 2008 10:33 AM

hmm…

What modules do you have running at the moment?  It seems that something may either being corrupting or has corrupted your JavaScript.

Do you have the terms&conditions;module installed by chance.  This module has been known to cause the issue at times.

I have managed to solve the Checkout problem by installing Magento directly on the original web site.

Thanks for extending a helping hand to solve my problem.

Regards,

ycv

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community