Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

About Magento

Simon Nock

Total Posts:  4

Hi there,
I have been told previously that I can Add my company logo to magento and change it visually to suit my business. I have also been told I can host it on my server.... Is there any hidden costs for using magento as I dont want to be hit with a bill 12 months down the line

Regards
Mr Nock

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jsperri

Total Posts:  126
Fistufle

Well it’s open-source, it’s free to use and there’s no hidden cost.

You should check the License FAQ:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/license/

I’m an end user, what does “open source software” mean to me?
You are free to download, copy and modify Magento. You can also be assured that Magento will continue to thrive because all contributions made back to the software by others will also be available under the same license. The source code will always be freely available and continue to evolve as the community develops new features, because the open source community uses the same OSL 3.0 license for Magento.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community