Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Only Canada shows up in country list for customer when updating their address

ShaneB

Total Posts:  6
Madison, Wisconsin

Greetings…

We have set up a base install of Magento and are in the process of adding our products, templates, some customers, etc.  I notice a problem and need to understand if it was something I caused or not.  I haven’t done anything to cause this that I know.

I imported some customers, most of which reside in the United States.  I log into the admin section and edit a random customer who resides within the US.  Their address looks fine.  An address will have the proper state and country selected from the drop-down lists.

When I log in as a customer, to view the customer account feature, the customer has the ability to change their address.  I see the proper city in the city field.  The state is correct, but in a free-form text field and the country field is blank.  The country field is a drop-down, but the only options are blank and Canada.  When I choose Canada, the state field dynamically changes to the provinces of Canada, as expected.

Is there something we did during installation that caused the customer-facing country drop-down list to contain only Canada?

Shane.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community