Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Would Like UK Regions in drop downs

jfinch

Total Posts:  11

Hi,

How can I populate the regions drop down menu for the UK for whenever that menu is present. Also because I would like to use UK regions in the Table rate shipment method. I took a look at the MySQL database and I think I may know but I would rather get a step by step guide from someone here just to be safe.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jfinch

Bump. Surprised this doesn’t affect others.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rousie

Total Posts:  58

I’d give this a bump, too!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jfinch

Ha cheers!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jfinch

Bump again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

frontier

Total Posts:  41

Here, here.

Would be cool if someone just did a single worldwide regions patch.

Magento Community
Magento Community

frontier

Total Posts:  41

Some good points stridey, I am not familiar with the UK yet, planning to open a .co.uk web store soon though..

Here on mainland Australia we have 8 states and territories. I am looking for the UK equivalent of this only.. whatever they are.. hehe I do have some research to do yet. wink

Regarding town/suburb names as you appear to have listed, yes this is would be ugly using a standard combo box. Hopefully one day Magento will do an AJAX dropdown list for that, because having clean addresses would be really nice!

Magento Community
Magento Community

purplemine

Total Posts:  143
London

I have added all the UK counties to my database directly, purely for the following reason:

When delivering to regions that are outside of the EU but still part of Great Britain (Jersey & Guernsey) we have to charge 0% VAT, we therefore need a way to allow this in the tax rates.  As magento does not yet support Postcode wildcards for this purpose ie. JE* then I have to add the counties and base the tax on that.

Apart from that, the counties are not needed and already they are not a needed part of theUK address.  We will be using a postcode population service very soon and generally they only provide street level & postal district info from the postcode, which is all that is needed.

John

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community