Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I create websites

Jake99

Total Posts:  32

Hello,

I am looking for a good walkthrough about creating stores and websites. I have a site that is up and running and would like to have another store/website that has the iPhone theme associated to it using the same backend. Should this be a store or a website? How do I access a different store? Any help would be apprecaited.

Jake

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

To create a new store, go to: Admin panel > System > Manage Stores
Everything is pretty self explanatory after that.

This will also show you how to switch between stores: http://www.magento-mall.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jake99

Thanks for the reply. I was able to create an additional store and have a theme associated to it but when I browse to it I get the following message. “There was no Home CMS page configured or found.” What should I do next? Thanks in advance.

Jake

Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

Create a homepage for that store.

Go to admin panel > CMS - and create another homepage linking to that particular store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jake99

Great thank you. Hopefully you can help me with one more question I posted about redirecting iPhones to the iphone theme.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/25243/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community