Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

magento 1.1.8 upgrade via connection manager crashes

plastio

Total Posts:  2

Hi all,
First of all I would like to thank you all Magento team for the good work, the Magento system is great.

While I was using the connection manager to upgrade my environment to version 1.1.8
i have encountered some network problems which result in an unstable system that I am,
trying to operate. The best thing I would like to do is manually upload the 1.1.8 package to my
server and re-install, what I would like to know is the list of backups I am supposed to do before,
such as I know that the database should be backup, what about some directories under magento directory structure,
since I am haviing an operating site which was preconfigured i would like to save settings etc.
(is the media directory should be saved before I am overwriting the entire directory structure with the new files?)

Please help very urgent
Thanks Guys,
Oren

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community