Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Displaying a Payment Method in the admin but not on the front end

super tonio

Total Posts:  57

Hello,

I’m trying to include Check/Money Order payment method in the admin (when you Create a New Order or Edit an order) but not display it as an option for customers on the frontend. The reason being we have a credit card processor and when we try to edit an order it loses the credit card info, which of course is required to Edit or Create an order in the admin. Instead of contacting the customer we’d like to just choose Check/Money Order to create the new product and deal with card processing via the processor admin.

If anybody has any tips that would be great!

Thank you,

.st

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

I am trying to understand exactly what your question is....

If you are looking to create a new payment method, in the admin panel under configuration, click on payment methods, and then edit the name of the paymetn method you wish (or choose money orders/checks)

Magento Community
Magento Community

super tonio

Thanks for the reply.

In the admin when you Create a New Order or Edit an order it has the payment methods you have enabled on the front end. Because we’re not storing credit card info we can’t create or edit an order because we don’t have the credit info to fill in… therefore we’d like to enable Check/Money Order as a payment method in these admin areas so we can edit/create an order, however NOT show it to a front end customer.

Does that make sense? Kinda confusing. If there was an option for not requiring payment info when you create/edit an order in the admin, that would be ideal. This is just a workaround.

Thanks again for the help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

szotyi

Total Posts:  153

app/design/frontend/yourlocal/yourtemplate/template/checkout/onepage/payment/methods.phtml

<div class="payment-methods">
    <
dl id="checkout-payment-method-load">

<?php foreach ($this->getMethods() as $_method): $_code $_method->getCode() ?>
    <?php 
if ($_code!='checkmo'{ ?>

<dt>

<?php if( sizeof($this->getMethods()) > ): ?>

<input id="p_method_<?php echo $_code ?>" value="<?php echo $_code ?>" type="radio" name="payment[method]" title="<?php echo $this->htmlEscape($_method->getTitle()) ?>" class="radio" onclick="payment.switchMethod('<?php echo $_code ?>')"<?php if($this->getSelectedMethodCode()==$_code): ?> checked="checked"<?php endif; ?> />

<?php else: ?>

<span class="no-display"><input id="p_method_<?php echo $_code ?>" value="<?php echo $_code ?>" type="radio" name="payment[method]" checked="checked" /></span>

<?php endif; ?>

<label for="p_method_<?php echo $_code ?>"><?php echo $_method->getTitle() ?></label>
        </
dt>

<?php if($html $this->getChildHtml('payment.method.'.$_code)): ?>

<dd>

<?php echo $html?>

</dd>

<?php endif; ?>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php 
endforeach; ?>

</dl>
</
div>
<
script type="text/javascript">payment.init();</script>

Magento Community
Magento Community

super tonio

Thanks so much szotyi, that worked great! Really appreciate your help.

Sorry for the delayed response,

-st

Magento Community
Magento Community

rune00

Total Posts:  39

It seems to work great - at least the payment methods are removed. My problem is that i get the following error when trying to save the order:

“Selected currency code () is not compatabile with PayPal”

I’m using Magento 1.2.0.3 and I have no problems with PayPal Standard. Any one else get this error when trying to edit an order?

Magento Community
Magento Community

szotyi

Total Posts:  153

do you mean, in the admin?

there is no connection between the app/design/frontend/yourlocal/yourtemplate/template/checkout/onepage/payment/methods.phtml and the admin area.

So the problem is somewhere else… maybe in the settings

Magento Community
Magento Community

carrie.sucharski

Total Posts:  2

I am using Authorize.net as my payment method. My client needs to edit every order coming in because they manually calculate shipping for each order.

Will this script work for orders using Authorize.net? When I press “Edit” on an order, will it keep the CC info from the order? Is that what this script is doing?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Grady

Total Posts:  12

Szotyl,

Your script worked a treat, thank you for that.

I noticed however that whilst the check/money order option is missing through normal checkout is appears in checkout with multiple addresses. Is it possible to omit the ch/mo from there as well?

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

pixelpusher

Total Posts:  135
SoCal

I just want to enable paypal in the backend “create order” section. I do have paypal enabled but it does not show up in the backend. as far as I can tell the code resides here.
/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Sales/Order/Create/Billing
If anyone can help out I would be obliged.
thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

thanks for the tip szotyi

brendan

Magento Community
Magento Community

brianb421

Total Posts:  196

Try this ... worked for me:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/79242/

Magento Community
Magento Community

hi_meral

Total Posts:  13

well i have my self created Payment method. which is displayed only in backend not in front end. All other methods are showing in forntend, not only my new one.
I have attached my code for payment. I only did this with my project.

please help me out.

File Attachments
DrcSystems.zip  (File Size: 2KB - Downloads: 3)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

There are an extension, which allows to flexible manage Payment or Shipping methods by customer groups. I’m sure using an extension saves a lot of your time for smth more valuable. See more details here: Shipping & Payment By Customer Groups.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community