Magento Forum

How to remove (number) of products in a category

ian3867

Total Posts:  9

I have several categories with sub categories and lots of products contained in each. When I click on a parent category a SHOP BY navigation block appears on the left hand side showing all the sub categories with () brackets showing the number of products in each sub category. However some show the correct value and others show (0) when there are lots of products in that category.

My question is: how do i remove the () brackets from appearing

thanks in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

To remove the () you can open the app\design\frontend\<YOUR_PACKAGE>\<YOUR_THEME>\template\catalog\layer\filter.phtml and comment out the

(<?php echo $_item->getCount() ?>)

However, to fix the issue it is better to open the Admin > System > Index Management and update the indexes.  Then open Admin > System > Cache Management and flush the cache.

Btw, if you need to modify the “Shop By” section of you site to make the shopping experience much more pleasing, you can also consider Improved Navigation addon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ian3867

excellent, that sorted it. silly me, i remeber to flush the caches but not to reindex the data.
thanks again

Magento Community
Magento Community

oxycheq

Hello,

I have mass removed items from the categories (Category Products tab) in a few categories.. flushed the cache and they are still showing? any ideas. in 1.6.1

help

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community