Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Single Transaction per order when shipping to multiple locations

souji

Total Posts:  10

I have looked around and have not seen any mentioning of this.  I really think that this is a critical feature request.  When shipping to multiple locations, each location is treated as an order.  This also breaks shopping cart discounts such as volume purchases.  Is is possible to have just one order as how it is viewed by the customer on checkout as well as payment processing and invoice.  For example a customer has 51 items in there cart for checkout and each item will be sent as a gift to different locations.  The volume discount is applied at initial checkout then the customer starts selecting where each item goes in the address book.  This is EXTREMELY slow with this many locations (another feature fix request).  Towards the end of the checkout (roughly an hour later), the volume discount is no longer there, and there is now 51 orders, invoices, shipments, and payments.  I think that it should be 1 order, 1 invoice, 1 payment, and 51 shipments. If there are sub orders from the main order that would be fine too. The merchant charges for each transaction and in this case 50 of them could of been avoided.  I, personally, would not like to see 51 transactions on my bill, plus the credits where the discounts were manually applied.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

I agree. I did not even know it worked that way until now. That is a mess

Magento Community
Magento Community

deerisle

Total Posts:  1

Has there been any resolution to this question ?

-DICK

Magento Community
Magento Community

souji

Total Posts:  10

Bug #9160 submitted as normal priority.  Still in new status.  Thinking that the priority should of possibly been set to high.
http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=4348

Magento Community
Magento Community

zenagence

Total Posts:  1

No update on this from 2008?  I agree that an order of 100 item is problematic for our user to receve 100 confirmation e-mail and 100 order on his credit card.... Also credit card try to block the transaction as it is suspect to have 100 order in 10 secondes… And a major thing to is the base fee per transaction is aplied to each order and not to one, making this a realy expensive founction to enable.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community