Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change store URL

altansar

Total Posts:  51

Hi everyone,

I have to deal with a problem of domain.
Here is the situation :

I’am developing a Magento store on a web server who’s reachable from my office by a local url ( we’ll call it magento.local.com).
But now I need to access this store from the outside for developing purposes.
So my admin created a sub-domain on a worldwide accessible domain, we’ll call it magento.worldwide.com.

So i changed in database the base_url from magento.local.com to magento.worldwide.com.
Everything is working fine, except for backoffice login screen.

When I type my username and password, magento displays me again the same login page.
It’s a problem with cookies, If I look in my firebug the content of the POST admin I can see that Magento set the domain to magento.local.com.

Set-Cookie    magento=znfrpzk155ex4w9h5sbhowo6htm4j0whexpires=Fri02-Jan-2009 16:34:31 GMTpath=/; domain=magento.local.com adminhtml=o2i6p3qa3sj8ja9gbg72e93a84expires=Wed03 Dec 2008 17:34:31 GMTpath=/; domain=magento.local.com

I did not found any issue to set the cookie to the new domain.

Thanks for your help !

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Culotta
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  878
Argentina

Maybe you can add and alias for your Apahce host.

Magento Community
Magento Community

vianetz
Guru

Total Posts:  537
Munich, Germany

Try to clear your cache by deleting all files in var/cache and var/session.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community