Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

MAGENTO and Innovative Gateway Merchant processor SUDDEN ISSUES ANYONE ELSE ??????? 

constructmedia

Total Posts:  42

Hi everyone

My Company manages 2 websites for the same client both Magento installs on running 1.3.2.3 and the other running 1.4.1.0 Both sites are using the Innovative gateway Merchant processing and we have modules installed for the sites to process through the gateways, both have been working like a charm until Late last night.

This morning I get a call from my client saying that all credit cards are being declined on checkout? So I check the main site first, www.premiertablelinens.com

1. There have been no programming changes to either site in the last month
2. There have been no changes to the gateway module since its deployment in 2007

However as a double check, I tried the other site we manage www.burlap-tablecloth.com and bingo same problem

So I call Innovative gateway and after 2 hours of being on the phone that tell me their gateway went down last night and they have been applying fixes to the system and should be back up later today. OK So I switch everything to Paypal Standard payments these are both heavy dollar sites and cannot lose money.

Then tonight at 5.00 pm EST I re-deploy the innovative gateway module, refresh the Cache and Bingo same problem, I have cleared the SSL states in all browser on all PC’s used to test. Have spent another 2 hours on the phone with Innovative (over 4.5 hours today alone) and they are now telling me that the problem is with the websites and our shopping cart software.

Is anyone else having issues with Innovative??? I find it very strange that suddenly two sites on two separate servers would suddenly just stop working on the same day that the merchant processor is updating their gateway. I have gone blue in the face explaining this to Innovative but they swear six ways to Sunday its not on their end??

Anyone ???

Ryan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JesseStewart

Total Posts:  82
Salt Lake City, Utah

Same problem.

Worked fine for over a year, then all of a sudden it goes down. Embarrassing trying to explain this to the client when I don’t even know where to begin. Please keep me posted on your progress.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JesseStewart

Salt Lake City, Utah

The error I’m getting is “uninitialized string offset:0”

This means nothing to me

Magento Community
Magento Community

constructmedia

Hi there

Yep I have spent another 4 hours on the phone with them and they are still saying the problem is on my end, then this morning I get a call from the owner of the websites saying there is a notice on Innovative website about what needs to be done to get it working I am trying to find the fix right now I am on the damn phone again with them right now did you have any luck yet??

best wishes
Ryan

Magento Community
Magento Community

constructmedia

Jesse, not sure if you have it fixed or not but I should have the information in my e mail box shortly I shall gladly post for you as soon as I have it.

best wishes
Ryan

Magento Community
Magento Community

constructmedia

Jesse here is the latest from Innovative

Innovative Gateway Solutions

MERCHANT ALERT!
If you are experiencing a Shopping Cart Issue please read:

IGS Gateway has recently renewed our VeriSign certificates. VeriSign has updated their SSL products. This update may require merchants to update their certificates store with a new Primary and Secondary (intermediate) CA Certificates.

Step by step instructions to update your certificates by platform type can be found at VeriSign’s web site (links below).

From the VeriSign site:

“As of October 10, 2010, Intermediate CAs have been updated for our SSL and CodeSigning Products. You must ensure you install the proper Intermediate CA below and click here for your product. For all Web servers, you must install the VeriSign Primary and Secondary SSL Intermediate CA Certificates according to your Certificate type. For Apache Web servers or similar, you only need to install the Intermediate CA Bundle according to your Certificate type”

The relevant links:

https://knowledge.verisign.co.uk/support/ssl-certificates-support/index?page=content&id;=AR657&actp;=LIST&viewlocale;=en_UScale=en_US

Installation Instructions for SSL Certificates

https://knowledge.verisign.co.uk/support/ssl-certificates-support/index?page=content&id;=SO8201

Intermediate Certification Authority (CA) Certificates

https://knowledge.verisign.com/support/ssl-certificates-support/index?page=content&id;=AR657

http://www.verisign.com/support/verisign-intermediate-ca/secure-site-pro-intermediate

https://knowledge.verisign.com/support/ssl-certificates-support/index?page=content&id;=SO4785&actp;=LIST&viewlocale;=en_US

https://knowledge.verisign.com/support/ssl-certificates-support/index?page=content&id;=AR657&actp;=LIST&viewlocale;=en_US

Good luck mate

Ryan

Magento Community
Magento Community

JesseStewart

Salt Lake City, Utah

Thanks for the reply, but I admit that I’m still confused as to what they want me to do.
If you could help, that would be great.

Magento Community
Magento Community

constructmedia

Jesse

I had forwarded the problems to our back end developer here at CMI and just as he began working on it the Owner of the 2 sites called me to inform me not to worry as he was switching to a new merchant processor as he was done with Innovative. I know this doesn’t help much. My problem is I am a front end developer/designer so my knowledge is limited as well.

I have deduced that the issue stems from the change in the Verisign SSL certificates that Innovative are using, However I am not using verisign certificates I am using Geo Trust Comodo. I was unable to contact my Back end dev guy to get his input as I mentioned so I did contact Nexcess the hosting provider and sent them the links and they could not make head nor tail of the information either.

I can recommend a guy to you that is my Oh S&^T go to guy he is awesome and know magento inside out as well as all aspects of MySQL PHP etc you can contact him directly tell him you where recommended by Ryan Cunningham at Construct Media, He is fast He is 100% on the money and he won’t charge you an arm and a leg either. contact Rahman rahman.cbe@gmail.com he owns Adol Media we have worked together for a few years and he is awesome.

I am afraid that is the best I can do right now my friend I wish you luck with everything.

best
Ryan

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community