Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Where has the URL key gone from the catagories? 

medlington

Total Posts:  143

Hi,

I was just about to upgrade from 1.6 to 1.8 but have noticed that an important thing seems to have dissapeared.

I cant find anywhere to enter URL keys for the different catagories within my shop. My site has several custom menus linking to these URL keys so it is important that they are there.

Does anyone know where I can find these or can you tell me how to link to a specific catagory without them?

Thanks,

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington

Total Posts:  143

ok something strange is happening now.

I installed a copy of version 1.6 on my testing server and while setting up the catagories the URL key area dissapeared and I cannot get it back.

It was there at first when I selected create a new catagory but after clicking save catagory it dissapeared. Everytime I select to create a new root catagory this happens, the area is there until I click save.

I have just noticed that it stays if I choose create sub catagory instead.

Has anyone got any ideas about this? I think it could be that Ive set my server up wrong which wouldnt surprise me as Im not very good at that kind of stuff.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community