Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Manual Package Management without PEAR

twistie

Total Posts:  3

I would very much like to see a way to do the install without using PEAR. Although the option to use PEAR to install is nice its not very practical for shared servers where most clients don’t have shell access for security reasons. If you developed a small PHP app that would use PEAR on your server to retrieve and compress the package they wanted and allow http download of that file it would be much easier for normal users to install magento if the automatic system wasn’t working for them.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@twistie: i understand that it was a question if you can continue with installation without using PEAR.

The answer is yes, definitely.

If you have downloaded the full package (not installer) or checked out Magento using SVN, you do not need to download packages.

Click the top button and you will be redirected to next page of the installation wizard, configuration.

Magento Community
Magento Community

In-Spirit

Total Posts:  2

Moshe - 10 January 2008 04:20 PM

@twistie: i understand that it was a question if you can continue with installation without using PEAR.

The answer is yes, definitely.

If you have downloaded the full package (not installer) or checked out Magento using SVN, you do not need to download packages.

Click the top button and you will be redirected to next page of the installation wizard, configuration.

when click the button, it seems to redirect to the same page?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community