Magento Forum

Any Magneto experts out there? 

nigelcole

Total Posts:  2

I’m considering moving away from Bigcommerce and onto the Magento platform due to major problems I’ve been having with url redirects and search engine ranking loss. I’m just looking for a ballpark figure of how long it would take and cost to replicate my current site and move it over.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3756

It is definitely depends on the features you need to migrate, products amount to import and catalog structure. Other important point is the site performance goals (Magento is not so fast by default), so be prepared to invest in advanced hosting plan.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nigelcole

Total Posts:  2

Amasty - 10 September 2011 05:11 AM

It is definitely depends on the features you need to migrate, products amount to import and catalog structure. Other important point is the site performance goals (Magento is not so fast by default), so be prepared to invest in advanced hosting plan.

Thanks for the advice

Magento Community
Magento Community

satish
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  812
34,mantri Sadan,Shivaji Nagar,Nagpur,MS,India 4400

Time and cost of developemtn depends on template selection.

Features you want( Magento has most in place ).

How much of data you want to transfer from your existing site( also is it just product data or customer and order data also)

Will further depend on seo urls if you want to keep previous urls intact.

Satish

Magento Community
Magento Community

patrickdaemon

Total Posts:  7

Did you tried Cart2Cart? http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/supported-carts/2749-bigcommerce
I have just done a demo migration to to Magento 1.7 using and it seems to have worked very well. and there is the step by step tutorial.  This way you will avoid spending time trying to migrate each item separately.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community