Magento Forum

Magento Professional Edition Customization

nazeeronline

Total Posts:  4

Hello Magento forum,

This is my First Topic posting, we have 2+ Years of experience in Mangeto Commerce and have successfully deployed 2 Internationa projects in Magento Commuity Edition,

We have a new Client requirement, where they want to accept File Uploads for each of the orders processed, We would like to know which edition is best.

1. The Client wants to buy Professional Edition,

Can we initially develop the whole project in Community Edition and then Upgrade it to Professional Edition, Will professional Edition support Code Customization, i mean, the Warranty and Support will not be Void if we customize the code to accept file uploads.
As this project is for a Photo Printing Lab.

Please guide us, whether we should initially purchase the Professional Edition and then Customize the code to accept Photo Prints online??

We need this clarification because we have never used the professional edition.

Thanks

Naz

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tnemiro
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1

Hello Naz,

My name is Tyler Nemiro and I am a Magento employee.

As far as your questions, Professional Edition is customized in a very similar fashion as Community.  I would recommend initially going with Professional however as going from Community to Professional is a migration that will cost time and money.

Please fill out this contact us form should you have anymore questions and a sales representative will be in touch with you shortly: http://www.magentocommerce.com/company/contact-us/.

Thank you!

-Magento Team

Magento Community
Magento Community

nazeeronline

Total Posts:  4

Our concern is that,.

Once we take up Professional Edition from you, and then customize the code to our requirements, such as accepting image uploads, etc. for the orders.

we would like to be sure that, it does not void the warranty and support of the Professional edition.

Also we would like to know whether the support is directly from Magento or third party for Professional edition,

Please clarify, so that we can take a decision.

Thanks

Nazeer

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community