Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to Upgrade Magento from 1.4.2.0 to 1.5.1.0 ? 

tonyzyc

Total Posts:  6

i download magento-1.5.1.0 files form http://www.magentocommerce.com/ and Overwrite all files of magento 1.4.2.0, when i access frontend, it is show new version is 1.51.0,the admin page also show 1.5.1.0, when i login to phpMyAdmin, i found the database only have 316 tables, if i install a new mageto 1.5.1.0,the tables quantity is 326, can you tell me how to upgrade database?

thank you very much!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

edmondscommerce
Guru

Total Posts:  342

The number of tables in Magento can vary quite a lot so you shouldn\’t necessarily use the number of tables as a test to see if the upgrade has happened successfully.

As a test, try creating an empty database with the same DB user and edit your app/etc/local.xml file and point it at this new empty DB

Then hit the front page, Magento will actually create a new empty database for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tonyzyc

Total Posts:  6

i do not want to creat a new database, i want to upgrade my old database 1.5.1.0

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community