Magento Forum

Organizing Attributes

Paul R Burton

Total Posts:  25

Is it possible to sort attributes in the Admin / Products Information View?

I accidentally deleted the “manufacturer” attribute and then re-added it as a new attribute.  The Attribute automatically displays at the bottom of the Product Information attribute list when adding a new product.

Is there a way to resort the list so the Manufacturer attribute is located at a higher list position?

Thank you,
Paul

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Joachim

Total Posts:  133
Netherlands

Yes there is.. when go to “Catalog” -> “Attributes” -> “Manage Attribute Sets” select the set you want to edit. Under “Groups” you can move the attributes to the desired level and group.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Joachim

Netherlands

Yes there is.. when go to “Catalog” -> “Attributes” -> “Manage Attribute Sets” select the set you want to edit. Under “Groups” you can move the attributes to the desired level and group.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Joachim

Netherlands

Magento Community
Magento Community

Joachim

Netherlands

Magento Community
Magento Community

Joachim

Netherlands

Magento Community
Magento Community

Joachim

Netherlands

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paul R Burton

Wow.  So simple.  Why I didn’t think of clicking on “default” ... I have no idea.

Thank you very much!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paul R Burton

Follow-up question:  On the Manage Attribute Sets page, what is the difference between the attribute icons with the “orange circle -” and the icons without?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Joachim

Netherlands

The Attributes with a “stop sign” are the “Values Required”

Sorry for the multiple post of the same message, there were some problems with the Magento forum

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

Total Posts:  308

I have added custom attributes, which are showing on the product page under “additional information” however I want to move the attribute to be under the price attribute. IS this possible? How? I can not find it anywhere on the forums…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Divendo

Total Posts:  3
København

ukdazza - 29 March 2009 07:12 AM

I have added custom attributes, which are showing on the product page under “additional information” however I want to move the attribute to be under the price attribute. IS this possible? How? I can not find it anywhere on the forums…

Hi ..

I’m having the same problem with an installation. We have a shop with some required attributes that we wan’t presented RIGHT of the images and below short description. But it seem to break the layout and get’s pushed down .. And No - the theme’s OK and there no ‘clear’ in the CSS ..  confused

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community