Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Dashboard - adding two tabs populated with data from module? 

shoelessone

Total Posts:  22

Hi all! Thanks in advanced for any help, and extra thanks for understanding that I’m a bit of a “newb” so the more detail and less assumptions of my knowledge you make the better for my edification wink.

I am looking to add two new tabs to the backend adminhtml “Dashboard” - in these tabs I’m hoping to put some data that I will be collecting in my extension (coming from a third party).

Now, looking at /app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Dashboard/Diagrams.php I can create a tab manually by editing the file (<b>don’t worry I won’t leave it this way, just an example</b>) and adding this:

$this->addTab('test', array(

'label'     => $this->__('Test'),

'content'   => $this->getLayout()->createBlock('adminhtml/template')->toHtml(),
        ));

but obviously this is not the correct way to do this, and also I’m obviously not populating the tab with any data from my extension.

Can anybody explain to me how I might do this the “right way,” to add a new tab?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

eileensar

Total Posts:  4

Magic Word - Extension or Module.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9218970/what-is-the-proper-way-to-add-a-custom-dashboard-box-in-the-magento-backend-wi

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community