Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PayPal Payments Pro (UK) & 3D Secure - Adding Orders Via Backend

thewebworkshop

Total Posts:  67

Hi all,

Magento Version: 1.5.1.0
Payment Method: PayPal Payments Pro (UK) with card details being entered on the website
3D Secure: switched on

Does anyone happen to know if, when adding an order via the backend area, will Admin be asked for 3D secure info when using the above payment method?

Many thanks,

Andrew

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Rich Cleverley

Total Posts:  285

I would imagine that this will be the case unless PayPal offer some sort of MOTO account which seems extremely unlikely.  I’ve not played around with the native PayPal stuff but is there any way for orders to be added and a PayPal receipt be sent via email for the customer to pay?  This would seem the sensible way for it to work otherwise you’ll need to either enter the customer’s card details via the backend or have their PayPal details.  As I say this is just my suspicions as I haven’t personally played around with PayPal Payments Pro.

Magento Community
Magento Community

thewebworkshop

Total Posts:  67

Hi there,

After having many conversations with PayPal (who I have to say are the most helpful people I’ve spoken to), here’s the story:

Even though PayPal comes up as a payment option in the Magento admin screen, PayPal do not actually allow card details to be entered that way. You have to use their Virtual Terminal to enter the card details separately. Once the payment has been processed there, you can complete the transaction in Magento. Ah, but how do we tell Magento that payment has been made without adding a new payment method that could be used via the frontend by customers?

We’re using Simple Admin Payment:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Lemonline/extension/3377/lemonline_simpleadminpayment

At the time of posting, it is still in Beta, but after testing on a development site we were happy to install on a live site - it works a treat. So now when customers call or send mail order, the orders are added via the backend ‘Add Order’ facility, card details processed on PayPal Virtual Terminal, then the order entry in completed by selecting the Simple Admin Payment which we label “Paid by credit/debit card”.

If you go for a PayPal Payments Pro UK account, this would be the kind of scenario you’d need to follow. You also need to go through PCI compliance checks, with any PCs, laptops, etc. being used to access Virtual Terminal being scanned for key loggers, etc.

Hope that’s of help to anyone following.

Andrew

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community