Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I setup the locale language for a store view

Mari Trankila

Total Posts:  0

People,

i’m trying to use Magento in Portuguese-BR.
I installed using magento connect.
Now, reading the posts at this forum, I think i need to create a store view with the language I want to use (PT-BR).
But when I go at System>>Manage Stores>>Create Store view
I don’t have the chance to choose what language to use.

Somebody can help me?
It’s been a week i’m trying to do this :(

BestR,
Mari

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Romain_C

Total Posts:  74
Hossegor, France

Hi,

right, you have first to create a specific store view that will handle your Portuguese store view.

You can name “portuguese” and add code “pt” :
if you have enabled the “add storeview code to url “ in the system>config panel, you will have nice url system like :
http://www.my_magento.com/pt/[...] for your protuguese view
http://www.my_magento.com/en/[...] for your english viewand so on…

But only this doesn’t link the view with the right locale. For that you need to edit
System>configuration>Genral>General> Locale options
Here you can choose the locale you want, but the important point is to choose your portuguese store view in the upper left “configuration scope” select.
Switching this to a specific store or specific store view allows you to setup dedicated configurations that get the right scope.

Hop this helps grin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community