Magento Forum

Page 1 of 7
Add to cart timeouts, redirects to index.php

redpen

Total Posts:  254

Seems like the session length is now cut dramatically since upgrading to 1.1.8 (the cookie length is still the same value in admin).  If I leave a page for 60 seconds or so, then click (for example) Add to cart, I get redirected to index.php.  Same with the admin pages.

Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

Nobody else having this problem?  I’ve changed the cookie length to a day, still getting session lost errors and losing basket contents since 1.1.8.

Magento Community
Magento Community

golles

Total Posts:  257

We are getting a lot of customers complaining of not being able to access category and product pages and always being redirected back to home page.

People are buying successfully - so I know it is not everyone but we are getting a lot of phone calls about the “redirect” issue - not sure if redirect is the correct wording to use in this case - but it fits.

Also a few customers cannot add anything to the cart (although I am putting this down to javascript issues)

Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

Thanks for the reply, just checking a couple of options now, will PM if I find the answer.

Magento Community
Magento Community

voctavio

Total Posts:  9

Hi,

I have the same problem; when i login, automatically redirect to index.php…

Any idea?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

I think the new “Session Validation Setting” in the system/web must had creating new bugs. I have the ‘redirect to index.php’ symptom all over the place.

Thought I saw it in the bug report, but couldn’t find it now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

Total Posts:  340

I had one customer who desperately wanted to buy a product but for the life of her could not log onto her account or access checkout.
She kept being redirected to the home page!

Not good at all!!!
Please resolve asap!

Magento Community
Magento Community

PoochIQ

Total Posts:  4

I’m having this same issue.  Has anyone found an answer?  This bug is super-frustrating!

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Write to Roy and ask for immediate patch release smile

This is so crucial and I was wondering why they didn’t release a patch.

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

is anyone experiencing this issue running the HTTP and HTTPS on different domains?

Please PM me with live examples if possible.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

Total Posts:  340

Well it does not happen from any machines I’ve tried it from (FFox / IE mainly).  As stated it has however happened for at least 1 customer (who got in touch).
I do have https:// enabled for customer login and orders etc. in the front end. I suspected that to be the culprit and am glad you have the same hunch.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

In my demo sites, this happens mainly in the customer login area and admin.  I do not have SSL setup so no HTTPS.

customer login area: click ‘back’ in My Tags, Address Books, Account Information, My Product Reviews, Newsletter Subscriptions and My Wishlist pages all triggered this error. Strange that it does not happen in the My Order Page.

The same goes to the frontend in the multi-address checkout.

admin: removing notification message results the same error.

update: “back’ means the back link text, not the back button from browser menu.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PoochIQ

If you look here, redpen seems to have found an answer:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=4307

However, he doesn’t elaborate on the fix.  I’d like to know exactly what needs to be done to address this issue.

We don’t have HTTPS turned on on our site, so I don’t believe that’s the issue.  And the problem seems to occur most often in the backend admin area, which doesn’t use HTTPS.  It’s hard to recreate the problem because it seems to happen randomly.  We’ve had quite a few customers call over the last few days to place orders over the phone because they couldn’t place an order over the web due to this problem, so it must happen quite often.

Please post any fix you find!

Magento Community
Magento Community

PoochIQ

As for a real-life example: here’s our website - feel free to play around with it and see if you can recreate the problem.  I use FireFox and have the issue in the Admin area, but I suspect most of our customers are using IE and having the same problem:

http://www.PoochIQ.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

I realized I forgot to test it out in different browsers since the upgrade of v1.1.8. First of all, I experienced the same problem in v1.14 and maybe v1.16 before (remember I tested it in FF and Safari Mac version), mostly the ‘remove notification message” in the admin, and add to cart from product view page.  The problem went away in v1.1.7.

Just tested it in Mac and PC, the problem in the customer account login area is isolated to Firefox (v3.04 and v3.05) Mac version only. I deleted all notification messages in the admin, so no way to test it now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PoochIQ

Any thoughts?  Ideas?  Fixes?  Anyone...?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 7