Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento be used to take / sell course bookings? 

porle

Total Posts:  19

Hi all,

I am keen to try Magento and i have a project in mind, however it relys on being able to take (sell) bookings for courses.  There is no physical product, its a course / seminar that customers attend in person.

Is Magento able to do this?  Users would choose a course and then select a date for the course (the course date could just be a product attribure, no need for a calendar to select dates). It would also be nice if dates which have passed are no longer displayed on the list of available dates.

I suppose there is some degree of customisation require to achieve this, so i guess the real question is Magento suited to this type of commerce overall?

Thanks for reading, any help will be greatly appreciated!
Paul.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

Go for it. You may even be able to write your own code to remove the past courses automatically. You may find dates easier too. Although it is not customised for the product type, Magento can do it with a posher front end than achievable with rival open source carts.

Magento Community
Magento Community

porle

Total Posts:  19

Hiya,

Thanks for the quick reponse!  Hmmm sounds like there could be some work involved, as there wont be any shipping for the item.  Still i am keen to try magento out, so i just dive in!

Thanks!
p.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ghog

Total Posts:  42

hi, I am looking to use Magento as a solution for a health studio that books classes and sessions. I suppose teachers, venues, classes etc could be attributes but there would need be some kind of module for front end display of a calender for users to choose dates and times from.

I have hired programmers in the past to create mods for platforms like Joomla but are not sure where to get this kind of expertise for Magento. Any direction would be appreciated and if anyone else requires the same kind of functions let me know and we may be able to pool our funds to make it happen.smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community