Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgraded to 1.6, can’t get access to site :(

IR123

Total Posts:  4

PLEASE HELP !!

Hey Everybody !

I just downloaded CE 1.6, unzipped and uploaded to the main site.

Now, I can’t get access to admin, the store doesn’t work and I get an error message every time I try to access it.

http://www.ianrenaud.com/boutique/

What is going on ?  What can I do to fix this ?

I have backups of SQL (thank God !)

Thanks for your help !

Ian

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

You need to view you error by renaming your errors/local.xml.sample to errors/local.xml or simply view the error in your /var folder

This will tell you what the problem is, from there we all can help fix it!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

IR123

Thanks Brent !

Ok… I checked it out !

At least 75 errors but here are the last 3 from today :

2011-09-04T13:33:38+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: simplexml_load_string() [<a href=’function.simplexml-load-string’>function.simplexml-load-string</a>]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding !
Bytes: 0xE7 0x61 0x69 0x73 in /home/pria2942/public_html/boutique/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php on line 522
2011-09-04T13:33:38+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: simplexml_load_string() [<a href=’function.simplexml-load-string’>function.simplexml-load-string</a>]: <francais><system><store><id>1</id><name>Français</name></store><website><id>1</ in /home/pria2942/public_html/boutique/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php on line 522
2011-09-04T13:33:38+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: simplexml_load_string() [<a href=’function.simplexml-load-string’>function.simplexml-load-string</a>]:  ^ in /home/pria2942/public_html/boutique/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php on line 522

I ain’t got a clue to what that means… only that there are wrong parameters somewhere !! :|

Thanks for the help !

Ian

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

Ian, are you sure you loaded all the files, usually that error means that it is missing a file or it can’t read the file

Magento Community
Magento Community

IR123

Hey Brent !

I uploaded exactly and every files there is in the download zip folder of Magento CE 1.6 and answered “Yes” to replace same files with new ones !

I will try to upload everything again, see what it does !

If you think of something else, let me know !

Thanks for the help Brent, I appreciate ! smile

Ian

Magento Community
Magento Community

IR123

Brent,

Uploaded everything a second time = same result, same errors :(

What’s next ?

Ian