Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multishipping Layout Error

jkea

Total Posts:  2

I am about to go live with our Magento e-commerce store and I seem to be having a problem with the multi-shipping option.

On the checkout page where all of the products in the cart are listed with their individual multiple address dropdowns (magento/index.php/checkout/multishipping/addresses/), the product table is pulling it’s layout from /template/checkout/cart/item/default.phtml instead of /template/checkout/multishipping/item/default.phtml.

See the attached screen shot. Any thoughts on why this is happening? I’ve tried enabling/disabling cache with no change; the funny thing is that it works correctly on my local laptop installation, just not on our webserver. HELP!

Image Attachments
multishipping_error.gif

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

raphael

Total Posts:  10
Los Angeles

If you’re still having this problem, I recently discovered and then resolved it after upgrading to a newer version of Magento.

In my case, the problem was resolved when I made sure to change the lines for “checkout_multishipping_addresses” in /app/design/frontend/default/[your_theme]/layout/checkout.xml.

These lines have changed in the default theme for the newer versions of Magento, which now should look something like this (lines 155-165 on my version):

<checkout_multishipping_addresses>
        <
update handle="checkout_multishipping"/>
        <!-- 
Mage_Checkout -->
        <
reference name="content">
            <
block type="checkout/multishipping_addresses" name="checkout_addresses" template="checkout/multishipping/addresses.phtml">
                <
action method="addItemRender"><type>default</type><block>checkout/cart_item_renderer</block><template>checkout/multishipping/item/default.phtml</template></action>
                <
action method="addItemRender"><type>grouped</type><block>checkout/cart_item_renderer_grouped</block><template>checkout/multishipping/item/default.phtml</template></action>
                <
action method="addItemRender"><type>configurable</type><block>checkout/cart_item_renderer_configurable</block><template>checkout/multishipping/item/default.phtml</template></action>
            </
block>
        </
reference>
    </
checkout_multishipping_addresses>

The three <action method="addItemRender"> lines are not present in earlier versions of the default theme file, and the addition of them correctly pointed to the right item renderer file in the template/checkout/multishipping/ folders.

My multishipping pages looked like a mess before I fixed this!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community