Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multi-store / Payment Gateway Question

versteckt

Total Posts:  3

Am I correct in assuming that in a multisite/multistore/multidomain setup, the primary/base domain is the one that submits info to the payment gateway?

So, if I had Site X (main site) and Site Y (secondary site).. if someone purchases something on Site Y, will it redirect them to Site X at all? Or does it just use the backend code to submit to the payment gateway and keep Site X ‘invisible’ to the customer (as in, their browser stays at Site Y and never redirects to the main Site X)?

And most importantly will the payment gateway be receiving the data from Site X? Or Site Y?

Hopefully I explained that well enough!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Rocket Web

Total Posts:  28
Naperville, IL

You can use the same or different gateway accounts for Site X and Site Y.  This can be setup so that your customers will have no idea about the other site if you don’t want them to.  There’s quite a bit of flexibility in a multi-store configuration.

-Matt
magento developer - rocketweb.com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community