Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Delete Buttons in Overviews / Manufacturer Management

Thunderm00n

Total Posts:  18
Essen, Germany

In the Overview of the Products and The Categories there should be a “Delete marked” Button. To go into the EDITING of a Product/Category only for deleting it is not good. Please place a “Delete marked ...” Button in the overview!

Now if you want to manage the Manufactures in your Shop u have to move to the Attributes into the “manufacturer” attribute and there u get the manufacturer list… why that??

Why don`t u place a “Manage Manufacturers” beside the “Manage Products” and “Manage Categories”?? It would be easier to manage the manufacturers like this because a huge shop will have a huge number of manufacturers…

Sry if i missed something but is it possible to create new Categories ans Attributes within the Import Wizard? Would be a great solution to import new artikles into new categories with new attributes and so on…

In nearly every Overview the should be a “delet marked”

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

LeFou

Total Posts:  5

Agree with above. Manufacturers are a primary entity and should have an admin interface.

In related news, the columns when i finally found the attribute-editing interface were incomprehensible:
Admin
Default Store View
Position
Is Default

I have just now installed magento and am trying to add a couple products to see what happens. I have no idea what these mean. “Admin” apparently means “Name of the Manufacturer” because I guessed and put “Sony” and that seemed to work.

If you have a default promotion (20% off Sony products) why not have that manufacturer in the data fixture?

PS: Sony is evil. Please change to Nintendo wink

Cool software, guys, keep up the great work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AdamQuadmon

Total Posts:  20
Perugia - Italy

Vote for Manufacturers!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community