Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
Reindexing “Catalog URL Rewrites” fails

gatinho

Total Posts:  54

In index-management “Catalog URL Rewrites” is in state processing (but seems that there is no progress). Triggering reindex fails with message “An error occurred while saving the URL rewrite”.

Deleting var/cache, var/session as I read in other thread didn’t fix.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3215
Minneapolis MN

Can you try this

php shell/indexer.php reindexall

Magento Community
Magento Community

gatinho

called the script manually and checked the exception log

2011-09-01T23:33:49+00:00 ERR (3):
exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry ‘category/13-1-2’ for key 3’ in /var/www/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:228
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php(228): PDOStatement->execute(Array)
#1 /var/www/magento/lib/Varien/Db/Statement/Pdo/Mysql.php(110): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#2 /var/www/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Varien_Db_Statement_Pdo_Mysql->_execute(Array)
#3 /var/www/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#4 /var/www/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’INSERT INTO `co...’, Array)
#5 /var/www/magento/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(389): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(’INSERT INTO `co...’, Array)
#6 /var/www/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(’INSERT INTO `co...’, Array)
#7 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Url.php(283): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert(’core_url_rewrit...’, Array)
#8 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Url.php(290): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Url->saveRewrite(Array, NULL)
#9 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Url.php(317): Mage_Catalog_Model_Url->_refreshCategoryRewrites(Object(Varien_Object), ‘/’, false)
#10 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Url.php(458): Mage_Catalog_Model_Url->_refreshCategoryRewrites(Object(Varien_Object), NULL, false)
#11 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Url.php(252): Mage_Catalog_Model_Url->refreshCategoryRewrite(’2’, ‘2’, false)
#12 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Url.php(246): Mage_Catalog_Model_Url->refreshRewrites(’2’)
#13 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Indexer/Url.php(249): Mage_Catalog_Model_Url->refreshRewrites()
#14 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(159): Mage_Catalog_Model_Indexer_Url->reindexAll()
#15 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(187): Mage_Index_Model_Process->reindexAll()
#16 /var/www/magento/shell/indexer.php(158): Mage_Index_Model_Process->reindexEverything()
#17 /var/www/magento/shell/indexer.php(198): Mage_Shell_Compiler->run()
#18 {main}

Next exception ‘Zend_Db_Statement_Exception’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry ‘category/13-1-2’ for key 3’ in /var/www/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:234
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/magento/lib/Varien/Db/Statement/Pdo/Mysql.php(110): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /var/www/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Varien_Db_Statement_Pdo_Mysql->_execute(Array)
#2 /var/www/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#3 /var/www/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’INSERT INTO `co...’, Array)
#4 /var/www/magento/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(389): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(’INSERT INTO `co...’, Array)
#5 /var/www/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(’INSERT INTO `co...’, Array)
#6 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Url.php(283): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert(’core_url_rewrit...’, Array)
#7 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Url.php(290): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Url->saveRewrite(Array, NULL)
#8 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Url.php(317): Mage_Catalog_Model_Url->_refreshCategoryRewrites(Object(Varien_Object), ‘/’, false)
#9 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Url.php(458): Mage_Catalog_Model_Url->_refreshCategoryRewrites(Object(Varien_Object), NULL, false)
#10 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Url.php(252): Mage_Catalog_Model_Url->refreshCategoryRewrite(’2’, ‘2’, false)
#11 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Url.php(246): Mage_Catalog_Model_Url->refreshRewrites(’2’)
#12 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Indexer/Url.php(249): Mage_Catalog_Model_Url->refreshRewrites()
#13 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(159): Mage_Catalog_Model_Indexer_Url->reindexAll()
#14 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(187): Mage_Index_Model_Process->reindexAll()
#15 /var/www/magento/shell/indexer.php(158): Mage_Index_Model_Process->reindexEverything()
#16 /var/www/magento/shell/indexer.php(198): Mage_Shell_Compiler->run()
#17 {main}

Checked Catalog -> URL Rewrite Management

Sorted the Target Path column and filtered for “category/13” (as there was sth with category/13-xxx in the log). So there where 2 rows, one for the default store and for our current store, however with different request paths. Corrected the path and now it’s running.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

Did your upgrade complete? It seems that you may have had an error during your upgrade?

Magento Community
Magento Community

barnholdy

Total Posts:  3

I am experiencing the same problems as gatinho. Deleting the cache or session date doesn’t work for me either.
Running the PHP indexer script gives me the following exceptions:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory’ in [...]/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php:129
Stack trace:
#0 [...]/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(129): PDO->__construct(’mysql:host=loca...’, ‘root’, ‘root’, Array)
#1 [...]/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(96): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect()
#2 [...]/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(300): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect()
#3 [...]/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(459): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect()
#4 [...]/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’SET NAMES utf8’, Array)
#5 [...]/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(389): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(’SET NA in [...]/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php on line 144

I tried this with an updated version of 1.6. and a new installed one with old data imported in db.

Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

gatinho

Well,

my problem is solved (see previous post). Your problem has a different cause. Do all the folders have the right permissions?

I performed the update as “root”. So I had to conclude the update with correcting the file permissions:

e.g. sth like “chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/magento”
probably you also want to a chmod -R 750 ....

Magento Community
Magento Community

barnholdy

Finally got it working!

I emptied the core_url_rewrite table and was able to rebuild the indices for the backend. Just to make sure I also reset the rights. Finally running the indexer worked for me on the server environment.
Rebuilding the indices locally with the PHP-script still gives me the exceptions above.

But thats ok for me smile

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

@barnholdy:: How did you empty you table?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andy_GS

Total Posts:  126

Hello,

i’ve had this reindex fail for me as well on 1.6.0.0 CE

An error occurred while saving the URL rewrite

i saw this in the magento wiki:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/steps_to_solve_re-indexing_errors_in_magento_admin

but i’m not liking the looks of it as it seems a bit drastic that you have to manually delete stuff from the database in order to get it functioning again - so i havn’t tried this.

Did you guys come up with a solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

barnholdy

@Brent W Peterson

Bit late, but I used phpmyadmin gui. Was faster than using command line ui for me wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

Djay

Total Posts:  10

Hi,

The problem comes from the method _refreshProductRewrite() in the model Mage_Catalog_Model_Url

This condition was changed from Magento 1.4

// v. 1.4
$categoryId null;
if (
$category->getUrlPath()) {
    $categoryId 
$category->getId();

$updateKeys false;
}

to

// v. 1.6
$categoryId null;
if (
$category->getLevel() > 1{
    $categoryId 
$category->getId();

$updateKeys false;
}
So if you have a product in 2 (or more) categories (in the root category (level 1)), Magento’ll try to insert 2 times the sames datas..
So an exception is launch and kill the script (in Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Url)

public function saveRewrite($rewriteData$rewrite)
{

try 
{
            $adapter
->insert($this->getMainTable(), $rewriteData);

catch (Exception $e{
            Mage
::logException($e);

Mage::throwException(Mage::helper('catalog')->__('An error occurred while saving the URL rewrite'));

}
    }

unset($rewriteData);

return 
$this;
}

A simple correction is to launch the exception only if the datas contains a valid category_id :

try {
    $adapter
catch (Exception $e{

// Bug - the category_id is set to null when the category has a level <= 1
    // So if our product is in 2 differents level 1 categories, the indexer crashes

if ($rewriteData['category_id'!= null{
        Mage

Mage::throwException(Mage::helper('catalog')->__('An error occurred while saving the URL rewrite'));

}
}

or use the previous conditon from 1.4 (not tested).

Djay

Magento Community
Magento Community

hillzzz

Total Posts:  8
Southampton UK

I had the URL indexing Processing issue after upgrading from 1.4.01 to 1.6.
I tried re-indexing from the admin screen and the URL Rewrite just hangs forever.
I tried re-indexing from the command line via ssh with

php shell/indexer.php reindexall

and it gave an error message on the URL-Rewrite index Error saving URL Re-Wite to database

The problem is I am running multiple stores on one instance of magento.

Then I had an idea I used phpmyadmin to truncate the core_url_rewrite table. Note I did not delete it I emptied the table that is I deleted all the rows but left the table structure intact.

Next I re-indexed from the command line again and it worked without errors. I tried re-indexing in the admin interface and again it worked without errors.

It appears to have fixed the problem

Magento Community
Magento Community

webrgr

Total Posts:  7

Spam / Advertising Harassment Language Other

Magento Community
Magento Community

twotoofs

Djay - 10 October 2011 03:34 AM

Hi,

The problem comes from the method _refreshProductRewrite() in the model Mage_Catalog_Model_Url

This condition was changed from Magento 1.4

// v. 1.4
$categoryId null;
if (
$category->getUrlPath()) {
    $categoryId 
$category->getId();

$updateKeys false;
}

to

// v. 1.6
$categoryId null;
if (
$category->getLevel() > 1{
    $categoryId 
$category->getId();

$updateKeys false;
}
So if you have a product in 2 (or more) categories (in the root category (level 1)), Magento’ll try to insert 2 times the sames datas..
So an exception is launch and kill the script (in Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Url)

public function saveRewrite($rewriteData$rewrite)
{

try 
{
            $adapter

catch (Exception $e{
            Mage

}
    }

unset($rewriteData);

return 
$this;
}

A simple correction is to launch the exception only if the datas contains a valid category_id :

try {
    $adapter
catch (Exception $e{

// Bug - the category_id is set to null when the category has a level <= 1
    // So if our product is in 2 differents level 1 categories, the indexer crashes

if ($rewriteData['category_id'!= null{
        Mage

}
}

or use the previous conditon from 1.4 (not tested).

Djay

Where do I find this?  I had my store moved from one domain to another and I’m getting this same problem.  I’ve been working on it for hours.

Magento Community
Magento Community

twotoofs

hillzzz - 13 October 2011 01:58 PM

I had the URL indexing Processing issue after upgrading from 1.4.01 to 1.6.
I tried re-indexing from the admin screen and the URL Rewrite just hangs forever.
I tried re-indexing from the command line via ssh with

php shell/indexer.php reindexall

and it gave an error message on the URL-Rewrite index Error saving URL Re-Wite to database

The problem is I am running multiple stores on one instance of magento.

Then I had an idea I used phpmyadmin to truncate the core_url_rewrite table. Note I did not delete it I emptied the table that is I deleted all the rows but left the table structure intact.

Next I re-indexed from the command line again and it worked without errors. I tried re-indexing in the admin interface and again it worked without errors.

It appears to have fixed the problem

This seems to have worked.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrmeech

Total Posts:  58
New York City, USA

Truncating the ‘core_url_rewrite’ table seems to have completely resolved this issue for me as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3