Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Fatal Error on submit of contact form

stevelucky

Total Posts:  41

So, seemingly out of nowhere, I’m getting this error when anyone tries to submit the contact form.

Fatal errorCall to a member function __toString() on a non-object in /home/thelucky/public_html/app/Mage.php on line 735

I’m beating my head against a wall with this one. Anyone have any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ejaeDesign

Total Posts:  2

Unfortunately I’m getting the same error, this time when a user clicks to submit a product review:

Fatal errorCall to a member function __toString() on a non-object in /var/www/vhosts/mystore.com/httpdocs/app/Mage.php on line 735

Anyone run into a similar issue? I’m running ver. 1.4.1.1.

Magento Community
Magento Community

justink215

Total Posts:  15

I know this is an old post but just in case anyone comes across this problem in the future. I was hit with the same error trying to use my contact form. Checked the system.log and it referenced an error in the Akismet API. Filled in an API key and it remedied the problem.

Version 1.8.0.0 Enterprise / 1.4.0.0 Community

Magento Community
Magento Community

HectorPN

Total Posts:  74
Adelaide, Australia

Entering the Akismet key certainly fixed the problem, many thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community