Magento Forum

security - still necessary to run ‘cleanup tool’ with 1.6? 

braboin

Total Posts:  24

Hey everyone,
I’ve been reading about security measures with magento, most of the posts are 2009-ish, so I’m wondering how much of it is relevant today with 1.6? they talk a lot about running a php cleanup tool file, to set permissions on folders & files, .htaccess files, etc… I know that I can see certain folder views if I look at our site URL with the errors, shell and skin directories,

I admit I am not familiar with security best-practices, so any advice on how to properly manage this aspect of our site, would be greatly appreciated.  I know there were a lot of fixes in 1.6, so I’m not really sure what is necessary to do at this point.

Thanks in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mrgeorge

Total Posts:  5

Did you get any advice on security? I’m nearing completion of my first Magento project and could do with pointers on hardening the site. Anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

braboin

Total Posts:  24

nope, didn’t get any feedback unfortunately.  When we try to run the cleanup tool it spits out a boat-load of the same error message, so I’m really not sure what to do at this point.

It would be greatly appreciated if somebody could take the time to chime in on it and help some rookies out.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community