Magento Forum

No nesletter subscribers listed

gatinho

Total Posts:  54

When I go to “Newsletter Subscribers” magento doesn’t list them any longer. Although it displays the correct total number of subscribers, the list of the subscribers is empty.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  813
Cleveland

Hi there,

I just checked on a fresh instal of CE1.6 and my newsletter subscribers are showing up as intended.

Have you tried in two different browsers? Were they working before your upgrade? Can you see the subscribers e-mail addresses in the database? Are you able to Export to CSV your subscribers?

Magento Community
Magento Community

gatinho

Hi Chris,

thanks for the feedback. Well, also had the problem (as described here http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/344910/) that I couldn\’t manage the categories. Applied the fix, of changing Grid.php->getRowUrl

from

public function getRowUrl($item)
{
$res = parent::getRowUrl($item);
return ($res ? $res : ‘#’);
}

to

{
$res = parent::getUrl($item);
}

This resolved the both the category problem and newslettersubscriber-listing problem, BUT I can\’t manage the newsletter subscriber. When I click a nesletter subscriber entry (which now appear), I get an error, as the link is sth. like <domainname>/index.php/Object/

Would like to resolve this, in order to have a \"clean\" system, but this issue is not such urgent.

Ah, updated from Magento 1.4 where I everthing was working fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Cleveland

gatinho - 31 August 2011 01:59 PM

{
$res = parent::getRowUrl($item);
}

to

{
$res = parent::getUrl($item);
}

I just looked at this answer and this scares me. What was the file directory that you ended up saving this?

How many extensions do you have? Do you have alot of files in app/code/local/Mage?

Magento Community
Magento Community

gatinho

Changed the file Grid.php under \"app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/\"

Under var/www/magento/app/code/local/Mage there is just \"CMS\"

Will disable unused extensions under community? Will this make any difference?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Cleveland

gatinho - 31 August 2011 02:41 PM

Changed the file Grid.php under \"app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/\"

Under var/www/magento/app/code/local/Mage there is just \"CMS\"

Will disable unused extensions under community? Will this make any difference?

You aren’t suppose to change anything under app/code/core. I would revert this file back.

I would recommend turing off all your extensions, or list all your extensions here. Something is causing this not to work correctly for you.

I would also go ahead and diff your current magento files with a clean copy of v1.6. I wonder if some of them were not updated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gatinho

You aren’t suppose to change anything under app/code/core. I would revert this file back.
- just tried but continues with the error...Currently the change is the only fix (but will try to revert this change in order to be in line with a consistent system)

I would recommend turing off all your extensions, or list all your extensions here. Something is causing this not to work correctly for you.
...doing this...will come back soon

I would also go ahead and diff your current magento files with a clean copy of v1.6. I wonder if some of them were not updated.

already did this today early (on console)...will do it again, downloading the system on my local machine and use a graphical diff

Magento Community
Magento Community

gatinho

It is really weird...Dumped the store and db and installed on my local system...and voilà: it works like a charme. My local system is a recent ubuntu, while the shop runs on a Ubuntu Hardy…

Magento Community
Magento Community

gatinho

Wuaaah, it’s really a php version issue (http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/290002/). Sorry for the ado.

Checked the magento requirements in a sloppy manner. I am using php 5.2.4. I’ve already planned to migrate to an updated server, but wanted to perform the magento update first.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gatinho

Last comment:

I am quite sure, that it was possible to select newsletter subscribers for controlling their confirmation status. Has this feature been removed? Couldn’t find it in the demo…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community