Magento Forum

Credit Card Number does not match Credit Card Type

pomlarllc

Total Posts:  3

Hello,

I have my website, , set up with Authorize.net.  Almost all instances I have tested and processed work great.  The only issue I seem to be having is that when I use a Visa card starting with “49xx”, I get the response “Credit Card Number does not match Credit Card Type”.  I have access to two separate Visa cards beginning with “49xx”, both of which return the same error.  When I try other Visa cards, for example “48xx”, “41xx”, “45xx”, they all work fine. 

Does anyone have any idea where the solution to my problem may be found?

Thanks,

Jon

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mswendener

Total Posts:  1

Has anyone else had this issue. I am running 1.4.1.1 and i am also having issue with 49xx Visa cards.

Magento Community
Magento Community

blau16

Total Posts:  31

seems like I’ve had an equal problem when using a credit card for my website. I just tried several times - and suddenly it really worked.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NaveenRahul

Total Posts:  26

same issue here any one know??

Magento Community
Magento Community

merchantos

Total Posts:  5

I’ve heard about this happening and have some theories, but has anyone found a conclusive answer?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Haseena

Total Posts:  18

hi..

I have been having the same issue as of earlier today, so there definitely must be a problem with their system cause your post. Be careful though-- I assumed that without the zip code matching they would not bill you account. Download the recent app about version . I tried adjusting my zip code a few times and it billed my account every single time. Make sure you didn\’t get ripped off too.

Make sure to choose your point of sales system with recent valid accept of cards..

regards..

haseena

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community