Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multisite and duplicate product problem

Yoakim

Total Posts:  126

I hope this is the correct forum for this…

I ran in to some problems when duplicating products in a multisite env copying from one site to the other. All seem to go fine to begin with but now sudenly I have run into a problem where Magento complains about same id already exists, and it’s not just that but removing the product with that id makes Magento complain about the next lower id in sequence, like as if she got out of sync by 1? I assume this might be a bug although it might have something to d with my multisite setup as well although I am not sure if it really matters in this case.

So now I am in a situation for Manage Products, I can select to list all products from both sites or the ones from the main default site, but as soon as I try the second site I get the blob below. It was id “16” before where it started, I removed that product and then it started to complain about 15 ????

Item (Mage_Catalog_Model_Product) with the same id “15” already exist

#0 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Collection/Abstract.php(188): Varien_Data_Collection->addItem(Object(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product))
#1 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Collection/Abstract.php(855): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Collection_Abstract->addItem(Object(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product))
#2 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Collection/Abstract.php(702): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Collection_Abstract->_loadEntities(false, false)
#3 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Grid.php(369): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Collection_Abstract->load()
#4 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Catalog/Product/Grid.php(86): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid->_prepareCollection()
#5 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Grid.php(444): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Catalog_Product_Grid->_prepareCollection()
#6 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Grid.php(450): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid->_prepareGrid()
#7 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(642): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid->_beforeToHtml()
#8 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(503): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#9 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(454): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml(’grid’, true)
#10 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Catalog/Product.php(74): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml(’grid’)
#11 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/catalog/product.phtml(39): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Catalog_Product->getGridHtml()
#12 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include(’/var/www/www.as...’)
#13 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(’adminhtml/defau...’)
#14 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#15 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#16 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#17 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
#18 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(503): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#19 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(454): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml(’content’, true)
#20 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page.phtml(73): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml(’content’)
#21 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include(’/var/www/www.as...’)
#22 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(’adminhtml/defau...’)
#23 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#24 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#25 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(525): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#26 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(326): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#27 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php(162): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#28 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(349): Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_ProductController->indexAction()
#29 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(143): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’index’)
#30 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(174): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#31 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/app/Mage.php(447): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#32 /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/index.php(46): Mage::run()
#33 {main}

[EDIT] After some further experimenting it appears as if it’s ok to duplicate products, also to land soley in 2nd website, as long as I mae the dupe from the original default site/shop. If I switch the view to the 2nd site and try to make a dupe it complains emediately the id ‘n” already exists, even if it doesn’t or more correct didn’t until the dupe process created it. So it seem it gets alarmed about its own creation. Still not sure though if this is a bug (sounds like it), if it’s by design or if my multisite config isn’t 100% ok.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community