Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento sales report with Analytics Traffic Source data

mrodenburg

Total Posts:  3

Google Analytics records each and every sale in Transactions. But new orders are tracked when a test order is made, a customer goes back and chooses another payment method, or when something technical goes wrong and the customer has to start over with the payment. This pollutes the Analytics data, showing much more sales than there actually are. But I want to see for each sale which traffic source generated the sale. That way I can focus my marketing activities and budget.

Is there a way to insert Google Analytics data, particularly “Traffic Source” in Magento reports? Analytics shows me doubles, but Magento sales report only shows me real completed orders. I’ve been looking for an Extension that does this for over an hour, kind of surprised it does not exist. Am I looking in the wrong place, is there indeed an Extension that does this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pss8

Total Posts:  12

there is no such extension.

maybe you contact aheadworks, they offer a tatsitic extension - I guess the maybe interested in feature requests.

therehwile..you could use soem kind of affili software to track your orders . like pap does

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrodenburg

Thanks! I checked out the Affiliate Extension, don’t think it would work. But I did find the Extension by aHeadWorks interesting, so I send them an email asking if they already have an Extension which does this, or if they could develop it.

Still surprised no one ever had the interest in this information right in Magento Reports itself. I know, I’m an internet marketeer so that already makes me an exception. But Analytics isn’t that 100% accurate, tracking test orders, double orders, cancelled orders, and so on. And with no possibility to delete them from the data. Most shops I know (big and small) have at least 10% polluted data because of orders like that. And the marketing strategy (where to put the money in) is adapted to the Analytics statistics.

Anyway, hope aHeadWorks has a solution or perhaps someone else who reads this topic.

Magento Community
Magento Community

danishsven

Total Posts:  44

Thanks for the recommendation, pss8! It\’s really great to see it.

Feel free to contact us anytime yoy have an idea or question, mrodenburg.

Magento Community
Magento Community

danishsven

Total Posts:  44

Thanks for the recommendation, pss8! It’s really great to see it.

Feel free to contact us anytime yoy have an idea or question, mrodenburg.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pss8

Total Posts:  12

there is a pap connector http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Bug+Slayer/extension/930/post-affiliate-pro-connector, so you “just” need pap to do the statistics, the extension also knows about canceled orders and refunds.
pap may also respond to your source links.

@aheadworks: it would be great if you add the customer source feaure to your advanced reports extension, since everybody wnats to know the source of customers, maybe add follow up email also as source ;D

Magento Community
Magento Community

aheadWorks
Guru

Total Posts:  424

We have already developed such unit for our Advanced Reports for Magento. Now we are testing it. Subscribe to our newsletter to be notified upon its release

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrodenburg

aheadworks - 15 September 2011 01:56 AM

We have already developed such unit for our Advanced Reports for Magento. Now we are testing it. Subscribe to our newsletter to be notified upon its release

Just subscribed to the newsletter. Just heard from my colleague that Aheadworks plugins are real good, so looking forward to the plugin.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community