Total Posts: 63
You\’re not going to like it, but here\’s a good post about it:
and I quote the post too:
Alright, I\’ve been able to go through this update solving a lot of errors, here is a little how-to :
- first I\’ve got to say the website was a 1.4.X Magento version
- so I first updated to 1.5 downloading the 1.5 files and installing my old database on it (you can then upload your design and media folders to get your theme, extensions etc...)
- then I used Brent\’s Upgrade 1.5 to 1.6 tutorial
- at this point, you can get a \’Mage registry key \"_resource_helper/core\" already exists\’ error so you need to delete cache and session files again
- here came the errors : first ones were the similar errors as the ones described there : Expert Magento Developers : How to upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 so I modified my app/etc/config.xml file as recommended and I get rid of them.
- then I faced this error : Column \"date\" does not exists on table \"catalog_product_index_website\". Checking my database, I noticed that they were no date column but a website_date column instead. So I checked the code in the php upgrade file and it seems that this file wants to change the name of the \"date\" column into \"website_date\". Here I don\’t know if it\’s because I tried to access both backend and frontend at the same time after my upgrade (so the file has been called two times) but as I told you my column had already been renamed.
- So what I\’ve done is commenting the lines which rename the column in this file and I get rid of this error. (the file path is written in the error report, it\’s app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup/mysql4-upgrade-188.8.131.52-184.108.40.206.php lines 4169 to 4177)
- Unfortunately other similar errors came and I had to make similar modifications (commenting renam column lines) in the following files : app/code/core/Mage/Sales/sql/sales_setup/mysql4-upgrade-220.127.116.11-18.104.22.168.php (lines 6621 to 6699) and app/code/core/Mage/Weee/sql/weee_setup/mysql4-upgrade-22.214.171.124-126.96.36.199.php (lines 412 to 458). So here I think you could probably face similar errors with different files than mine, I think there are much more files that try to rename columns so don\’t be surprised if you\’ve got different files or different error message, basically if you face a error \” column_name doesn\’t exist in table_name\”, first check your database to be sure it doesn\’t exist and then check the php file and modify the code.
- And I finally accessed to my store everything works fine.
I hope it will help you all, it was much more complicated than the previous updates (a fix from Magento team would be really appreciated for non programming people).
(I tried to make it more readable)