Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

/admin too many login attempts? 

avagraphique

Total Posts:  19

hi,

I was setting up another admin user for my coworker and they couldn’t log in using the user/pw I setup for them. Once I logged out as well to troubleshoot the issue, I am now unable to log back in using my admin user/pw.

I tried doing the password request for both of us, and the passwords the system sends to our emails do not work.

I went into the database, and when i do the password reset it does change the password hash, so I think that part is working.

Weird thing is that it does not say “incorrect password”, it just keeps directing back to the login screen, and appends &ft;to the url. After repeated login attempts I have
?ft&ft;&ft;&ft;appended to the url. Its like it is actually logging me in but never clearing out the login screen.

Are there any majento logs I can consult regarding the login errors? What does anyone think about this issue? A (smarter) programmer buddy suggests restarting apache, however it is hosed on shared hosting so that might not be easy…

Any ideas would be most appreciated,
Thanks,
Andrew

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

avagraphique

Total Posts:  19

um, this fixed it. Something goofy with my session(s).

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/8788/P15

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community