Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Getting Error 500 when Login into admin panel ! 

ivrsell

Total Posts:  8

Please I need help !  Sometimes when I try to login to the admin panel comes up an Internal error 500 is not always but sometimes or when I use a different computer. This is the 3rd time I install magento but apperently is nothing to do with the installation.

I will really appreciate if you can help me to solve this problem .

My link is www.elevent-miami.com

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

Your admin panel appears to be found on my computer: http://www.elevent-miami.com/admin

Magento Community
Magento Community

ivrsell

Thanks for your reply kris,

The problem is that when I try to login to the admin panel it comes up an error 500 so then I have to refresh it a couples of times for the page to load without an error 500 that happens sometimes but the majority of the time .  I think is something that has to be with “Cookies_parameter “ or something like that but I don’t know what to modify in the code.

I really appreciate if you can help me with this .....

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Cleveland

Can you go into detail about your server? Stats? Is it behind a IP blocking firewall? Do you have logs on the server? It could even be the server going down for some time.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ivrsell

I am using 1and1 hosting , I heard that the memory limit for the php that I have is 30mb.  Could it be that ?? 

Do i have to use vps hosting for magento ??  which one do you recommend ??

Thanks!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Cleveland

30MB for memory_limit!?

The default should be 512MB! Normally the sites I manage (technical side) have that set to 1-4GBs.

I don’t try to sell anything, but I will recommend Nexcess. Hands down they have saved me countless hours. I would rather work on Magento then solve server problems. I’ve never had any server related issues with them, 30 minute support, and ive been using them almost 3 years now and I think my site was down a total of 45 minutes due to a brownout (in which they also fixed that problem). So they have been up for me for 99.99619% of the time (26279/26280)

Magento Community
Magento Community

ivrsell

I will give it a try !  That should be the problem

Is driving me craza that error..

Thank you very much Kris....

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community