Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

MagentoConnect and Module Usage Tracking/Reports..?? 

usbswiper

Total Posts:  5

I recently added a new module into MagentoConnect which is now live.  It’s a FREE module, therefore, it’s allowing people to simply get the extension key from MagentoConnect and install it directly into the Magento without me ever knowing about it.

I do have a product for the module setup on my website as a free product, but then at least I get info that somebody just downloaded the thing (and will most likely be using it soon).  I feel like I’m a little bit in the dark, though, with the installs that come straight from MC.

Is there any way to track this sort of thing from within MC that I’m not seeing?  I do see reviews, but of course that will only show up if somebody actually types up a review.  Not a very accurate representation of the usage of my module at all. 

Is there any sort of Analytics system or something like that in place for MC?  Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community