Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Working on 1.6? 

napkin

Total Posts:  9

Started a brand new store on 1.6, just want to make sure things are working before I spend time installing.

Thanks to anyone who has tested!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

Total Posts:  380

We haven’t tested with 1.6 yet but I can see no reason why it wouldn’t work. If you run into any issues (specifically errors, or problems with PayPal) report back here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

napkin

I’ve installed it on 1.6, and purchased a $19 hosted PAP.

It’s hard to say what works and what doesn’t, having no experience with the connector.  The only features I can find integrated with Magento are, “Connect Affiliate to Order” and “Affiliate Orders”

When trying, “Connect Affiliate to Order” it says the affiliate’s email is not found.

When trying, “Affiliate Orders” it says, “There has been an error processing your request

Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.”

I’ll try it some more tomorrow.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

The problem here is almost certainly SSL. Hosted PAP editions do not provide any SSL support by default, and to get SSL working you have to provide an SSL certificate that Quality Unit can install on their servers. IMO for this reason owned is a much better option.

As far as why SSL is needed, the connector honors the “secureness” of the current connection. This means that if you use an HTTPS connection to accept orders and for admin access (as you should) the connector will use a secure connection to communicate with PAP.

Magento Community
Magento Community

napkin

That’s odd, I don’t use SSL at all.  It’s a very simple store with generic paypal payments only.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

Sorry, I answered 2 nearly identical questions in rapid succession and made a mistake with yours because I was still in the mindset of the other (which had a different answer due to a small nuance.)

This error is almost always caused by needing to update your API file. See this thread: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/197113/#t253614

Magento Community
Magento Community

napkin

I didn’t even know I had to include the api file.  I read the install.txt, are there any other manuals I can read?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

Normally the API file isn’t an issue. It only becomes a problem if PAP and Magento are not located on the same server.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community