Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is it possible to setup the shopping cart with no payment gateway module….?  For use with pay on delivery…. cash on delivery

charisryan

Total Posts:  3

Hi there

I am trying to configure my magento shop to work using no payment option....

I am setting up my site in Vietnam and there is no need for a payment gateway..... credit card processing.....  I would like to have all the same features...... as a normal cart...... just with mo payment gateway....

All of my customers will be from the same city......HCMC...... and my payment will be cash on delivery..... as not many people in VN use credit card to pay online....

Is this possible with magento....
How do i go about doing it...?

I am very new to magento and any help would be great

Have a great day

Bibi

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

Yes, absolutely.  There is actually a Magento Connect module available that allows you to setup local delivery/pickup.

You can also change the “Check/Money /Order” option to “Pickup or COD” and then place any additional information you need to on them ending confirmation page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

r557

Total Posts:  29

iiNTENSE - 02 December 2008 12:29 AM

Yes, absolutely.  There is actually a Magento Connect module available that allows you to setup local delivery/pickup.

You can also change the “Check/Money /Order” option to “Pickup or COD” and then place any additional information you need to on them ending confirmation page.

I’m looking to do the same.

I will have a multi-store configuration and one of the stores will have a “pick up” option.  My site is now on Magento ver. 1.2.0.1 and i tried installing http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/670/advanced-cash-on-delivery/ but doesn’t seem to work on this build.

What other options are available?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community