Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can I install language packs using WAMP server hosted locally on my computer

charisryan

Total Posts:  3

Hi there

I am setting up a magento store hosted locally on my computer using Wamp server

i would like to install a different language pack........

I can login to admin and go to system / magento connect / magento connect manager and I have been to the correct page and get the correct extension key so I open the connect manager and past the extension key and click install and then I get an error ....

Failed to download magento-community/Locale_Mage_community_vi_VN within preferred state “stable”, latest release is version 1.0.19870.4.4, stability “beta”, use “channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/community/Locale_Mage_community_vi_VN-1.0.19870.4.4” to install
Cannot initialize ‘channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/community/Locale_Mage_community_vi_VN’, invalid or missing package file
Install Errors
Package “channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/community/Locale_Mage_community_vi_VN” is not valid
PEAR ERROR: install failed

I have tried with other extension keys and get the same error

So...... my question is
Is it possible to download extension using Wamp server......?

Any help or sugestions would be great

have a great day

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ToDo Kids

Total Posts:  1

I have the same problem by installing the Dutch languagepack......So i think it has to be done by a work around.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cwpollock

Total Posts:  117
Rochester, NY

I’m trying to do the same thing.. Did either of you get any closer on this?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community