Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Disallow shipping by state

DailyLunatic

Total Posts:  39
Oklahoma City, OK

Oklahoma tax rules are really antagonistic towards e-commerce. So, for tax reasons, I will need to be able to disallow shipping by state until something like 2checkout is ready.

How do I disallow shipping by state? I don’t want to be able to ship to Oklahoma for now.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

there will be no support through admin configuration for the first stable release, and this will have to be done on the DB level by removing the specific state.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

bacca

Total Posts:  19

We have removed AK and HI from the directory_country_region table.
I would reaally love to accept payments from these states just not ship to them.

For now,
If there is a way I can just remove those states from the shipping drop down, it would make me a happy magento-er smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

patriveri

Total Posts:  30

I also would like to accept orders from all states and ship to those I’m allowed to. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

napacabs

Total Posts:  8
Chino, CA

I also need this functionality, as we are only permitted to ship to certain US States, but would like to retain the excluded States to be available for the billing address. This shipping feature is a critical necessity for our business and until this is incorporate, we are unable to adopt this solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community